Sunday, February 17, 2013

Going crunchy

I've always had a pretty open mind about what kind of mom I would become. I didn't want to be one of those girls that said "I will never..." then do every single one of those things. That being said, I never thought I would be the way I am now. 

It all started when I was pregnant with Carsen and I decided to start making my own laundry detergent. I loved the fact that I knew what ingredients my clothes were being cleaned in. Plus, the cost of making your own is next to nothing. Seriously, the cost of all the ingredients was $10. Do you know how long that $10 worth of stuff will last me? Almost a year. I only have to make detergent every two months and it takes about 15-20 minutes. If you're not sold on making your detergent by now, you're a little crazy. 

After that I was starting to be more aware of chemicals and additives. That's when people in my online pregnancy group started talking about cloth diapering. My first thought was like most people's... gross. Then the idea started to grow on me. There are so many good things about cloth diapering and I got talked into it, and I am so glad!

Once my sweet baby came into the world things started to matter even more. I didn't want formula to be an option so I stuck with breastfeeding. I don't think there is anything wrong with formula, I just wanted to give him the perfectly tailored food for his body. I pushed through those nights where my child is screaming too upset to eat and sleep feels like a distant memory. Breastfeeding is not for the weak! 

I make my own laundry detergent, cloth diaper, breastfeed, think coconut oil can fix anything, make my own wipes, plan on making my own baby food, and am opening myself up to more clean and organic solutions. I am going crunchy. 


In case you want the recipe for my awesome detergent here is the link. I make liquid.

http://wellnessmama.com/462/how-to-make-nautral-homemade-laundry-detergent/



1 comment:

  1. Great post! I need to look into the detergent, sounds like a great idea. And I look forward to more posts :)

    ReplyDelete